Help w/fd_ops for SMB

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Sat Dec 13 22:12:20 CST 2003

Juan Lang <juan_lang at> writes:

> Hi folks, I'm trying to modify Wine's SMB code to use
> Netbios(), rather than implementing NetBIOS-over-TCPIP
> itself.  I'm having trouble figuring out how to handle
> the fd_ops in the wineserver.  I was hoping for input.

Frankly, I think the current SMB file support belongs in the kernel,
and from Wine they should be accessed as normal files. The current
approach is going to prevent a lot of interesting optimizations, since
we need to special case all file operations instead of going straight
to the kernel.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at