Alsa 1.0 and Wine

Brett I. Holcomb brettholcomb at charter.net
Sun Dec 14 13:19:02 CST 2003

I checked the archives and noticed the thread on Alsa 1.0.  What was the
resolution on that?  I guess my concern is that for those of us that have 1.0
what happens if it's left for 0.9.  I know with Winex it broke and I had to
patch the winex alsa files.  I used the quick and dirty method of modifying
the header file but that is really a kluge and not long term.  I have Alsa
1.0 installed so it works but it's not transportable to a system with 0.9.
The better method is the patch that supports both interfaces so it doesn't
matter what we have.

I know I made the  move to Alsa 1.0 because it does fix the oss emulation
problem which has been bothering a lot of people.

Thanks.