Help w/fd_ops for SMB

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sun Dec 14 15:23:16 CST 2003

Juan Lang <juan_lang at yahoo.com> writes:

> So, I think I have a submittable patch here, except
> that the current file stuff won't be able to poll if
> the connection is using Netbios().  I know I'm
> extending the current hack, perhaps in a direction you
> don't want it to go.

Polling is not really needed for normal files anyway. Feel free to
submit what you have, it's still useful to have the code, even if it
needs to be moved somewhere else later on. And I think most of the
name lookup etc. can be done in user space, it's only the file I/O
itself that has to be in the kernel IMO.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com