Wine Segmentation fault

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Mon Dec 15 04:06:43 CST 2003

>> There are only few changes between these two days. Maybe this
>> is enough for someone to find out why this doesn't work on my
>> system (as others apparently don't have a problem).
>> For the moment I will stay on the last working version.
>
>Most likely it's the exec shield work around. Make sure you have
>enough swap space and/or that overcommit is turned on. If that's not
>the problem, you'll need to debug it yourself I'm afraid...

Thanks for the hint, it was this. My swap space wasn't configured
properly. I already slapped the guy that set up my machine on
the back of his head :)
Now I'm on wine-20031212 and it works ok.

Just out of curiosity: How is overcommit turned on? Is this a simple
setting or does it need patching? I had a look at google but only found
a lot of discussions about the usefulness of overcommit but not how to
use it.

Thanks

bye  Fabi