Extended window flag

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Mon Dec 15 07:32:39 CST 2003

>>I have an application where I get the styles from a window with
>>
>>GetWindowLong(m_hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE);
>>
>>In Windows I get 0x00000110 but in wine I get 0x40000110. From the wine
>>headers (mine seem to old) I get this means 'managed by the system'. Is
>>this something wine specific? Do I need to pay attention to this? If it's
>>a valid Windows flag why isn't it set in Windows? If it's just wine specific
>>can I just mask it out?
>
>Ok, I should look closer at the source :) It's wine internal. Am I on the safe
>side if I mask the upper flags (0x4..., 0x8...) out?

Three is the number, now I finally come to the reason of my questions :)

In our application we have a streaming mechanism where we save all info
about a window (title, size, position, styles...) so upon loading we can
recreate it exactly as it was before. On Windows I get some styles
back, save them and can use them to create the window with

CreateWnd(Text, ExtStyle, Style, WndRect, MinPos, Parent);

On wine the extended styles are different as described above. If I now
try to create a window with these different flags it fails for both Windows
and wine. But it works if I mask them out.

As these flags are only wine internal I don't know if it's right to give
them to the user. On the other hand (if this is needed/usefull) wine should
be capable of disregarding them if they are given to the CreateWnd
function. As it is now I need to change my application for wine (which
I did to continue work) but that shouldn't be desirable.

Thanks

bye  Fabi