default config file creation

Ivan Leo Murray-Smith puoti at inwind.it
Wed Dec 17 04:52:37 CST 2003

>I was chatting with Rudolf Kastl(che on #winehq) and he was mentioning the
>things that he was doing for the rpm package.  One of the patches he applies
>to wine prior to packaging it is a patch that creates local user config files
>if they don't exist.
His patches modify wine/libs/wine/config.c and wine/misc/registry.c, I don't see
the need to change things,
they could do if Alexandre accepts them in the CVS. They would uniform wine
packaging, and
make things easier, also wine-c could be a comprssed dir as it's only usility
would be to be copied to $HOME, it doesn't really need to be uncompressed in
/usr/share. Of course, all packagers could just apply these patches to binaries,
but official packages should just ship vanilla wine (Otherwise why call them
"official"?), so this depends on Alexandre.

Ivan.