default config file creation

Chris Morgan cmorgan at alum.wpi.edu
Wed Dec 17 09:57:31 CST 2003

>I don't like the idea; I much prefer the idea of copying
>them from somewhere
>in /etc, as redhat does.  The default config file in /etc
>can then be
>modified so that it matches the distribution (redhat have
>their cd at
>/mnt/cdrom) and it can be modified by the sysadmin

The less modification to the install process the better.
 If there was a single location the files could be
installed to that would work for all distros I think this
is the route to head in.  Otherwise I can't see why it is
all that bad to stuff them into the binary to avoid the
problem all together.