Mouse up vs Mouse click

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Fri Dec 19 08:01:55 CST 2003

Hi

Where is decided if I release the mouse button if a mouse up or a mouse
click is generated? Is this time dependent? Or generally the same?

The misbehaving app uses a ownerdrawn, CListCtrl-derived list. When
I click on a cell not in the first column the cell gets selected. But on
wine I can see that the selection flashes shortly and disappears right
again (Surprisingly it works when I click in the first column. As my
application uses the same code for all columns it must be something
else.). After putting some debug messages in my code I found that
on Windows after the left-button-down event a left-button-click event
is generated, no matter how long I hold the button before releasing.
On wine there is no click event but a mouse up event. And the cell
flashes even when I hold the button, so it's not the releasing itself
that clears the selection.

The control is a bit quirky with moving focus around and handling events
specially. But still it works on Windows :) Now I'm a bit lost how I can
debug this. +mouse didn't show anything usefull. I guess the
generating and sending of the events is done in the wineserver.

Thankful for any hints.

bye  Fabi