GetModuleFileName mysteries

Boaz Harrosh boaz at hishome.net
Wed Dec 24 04:08:51 CST 2003

Eric Pouech wrote:

> basically, because for builtin DLLs, the real file (foo.dll) doesn't
> exist (only foo.dll.so does). So, we decided to return all builtin
> DLLs in the system dir.
> Note that this only applies to builtin DLLs, native DLLs will return
> the correct path in GetModuleFileName.
> There's no easy solution to this, and could lead to even stranger
> results (like a module trying to peek into itself by trying to open as
> a file the path returned in GetModuleFileName).
>
> A+

Well yes ... and ...

I don't get it I ask for foo.dll.so (GetModuleFileName) please give it
to me. What is this problems here? I would like to look into my self.
Any problems with that? Usually I Just need to know the full path of the
Installation. Built in or not give me the file strait, no Ice please.

if you are worried about a scenario like

- hL = LoadLibrary( foo.dll ) ;
- GetModuleFileName(hL) ;
- // save fullpath somewhere
- // Load fullpath int DllPath
- LoadLibrary(DllPath)

Well it works LoadLibrary() presumes nothing about names only default
paths.
Or what are you worried about?