Frustration

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Wed Dec 24 15:05:37 CST 2003

On December 24, 2003 04:00 pm, Zimler Attila wrote:
> Could somebody assign me a little task in a bigger
> which (s)he is working on?

This is normal Attila, don't get frustrated. Wine is
a very big project, and it's not easy to start working.
However, there are _plenty_ of things to do, and we do
need help, so there's nothing to worry about! :)

The best way to contribute now to Wine (in terms of
usefulness for the project) is to help us get the 0.9
release out. There is a TODO list for this task here:
    http://winehq.org/site/todo_lists

In particular, there are two tasks that are quite good
for someone new to the project:
   C.2. Write control panel applets for editing it
   C.8. Implement write support for regedit
These are self containted, easy to understand and implement,
and one of the big show stoppers for the 0.9 release.

If that is not what you want to do, there are other
things like the Janitorial tasks:
    http://winehq.org/site/janitorial
or improving our UI controls:
    http://winehq.org/site/status_ui

Let me know what you want to work on, and I'll give you
a hand to get you started. Welcome to the team!

--
Dimi.