Yeah - our RichEDit needs some work

Subhobroto Sinha subhobrotosinha at rediffmail.com
Thu Dec 25 12:51:49 CST 2003

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
;)

Actually, I noticed this many times before(text not displaying at all in a RichEdit control..)

I am one of those (un)fortunate enough to not have a real Windows, and often download Win32 freeware to see how WINE's doing from time to time...

IMHO, one of the best tests are Steve Gibson's (www.grc.com) freeware tools - this guy writes in pure ASM. and thus we can be sure that his code will be the least messy (lesser MS stuff..)

However, if you try his 'Wizmo' or 'DCOMObulator', you will see that the RichEdit textareas as blank !

Unfortunately, the guy does not release his source (though I have reason to believe he would to anyone asking for it..)

You may try them out in WINE guys, they are REALLY small (small code - that's a rarity on Windows nowdays.. people nowdays do not even use Win32 SDK,leave alone ASM)

Guess we really need some work at RichEdits...

I posted this mainly because it seems Zimler Attila wants to help - so there you are (^-^)

BTW: CodeWeavers have good support for RichEdit controls, but why does not WINE ?

Regards

Subhobroto Sinha