Thanks (Monkey Island 4 success)

Robert Bihlmeyer robbe at orcus.priv.at
Fri Dec 26 16:57:31 CST 2003

After abstaining from commercial games for a couple of years I found
three Windows games under the Christmas tree this time. I was a bit
nervous as I no longer have a working Windows partition.

I only tried one game (Esacape From Monkey Island) so far and it was a
shattering success. I did have to read some Wine docs and fiddle
around with settings for half an hour, but after that the game runs
flawlessly in its OpenGL mode.

I'm skipping further details[1] as this mail's main purpose is to
*thank* you all for the great piece of work that Wine is!

Merry Christmas, or whatever makes your holiday,
--
Robbe

[1] I'll post these to appdb.winehq.org, and of course will answer
mail if anyone wants to know more.