Running a game that wants 32bit colour depth?

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sun Dec 28 04:43:59 CST 2003

On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 11:35:53AM +0100, Lionel Ulmer wrote:
> Now if it does the check using standard Win32 API, I remember 'fixing'
> something like that for a guy on IRC, but I cannot remember exactly where
> (from what I remember, there is a BPP parameter stored somewhere in the
> various sys-metrics or device caps do not remember which but a +relay trace
> would help).

After some more grepping in the code, I think I fixed this in
dlls/x11drv/init.c by changing the BITSPIXEL case of the
X11DRV_GetDeviceCaps function by something like

  '(screen_depth == 24 ? 32 : screen_depth)'

Note that a check for regressions needs to be done as this value may also be
used by DIBs and other stuff.

      Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/