Error in winemine resource file ??

thomas.1037 at osu.edu thomas.1037 at osu.edu
Sun Dec 28 01:59:49 CST 2003

Hi,
I am unable to build the winemine application program that
in the programs directory or the 20031212 wine release.
As described in the manuals I am using winemaker . However
on running make winebuilder report an syntax error in En.rc
at  line :
LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US
Could you please tell me if winemaker or winebuilder is broken ?
I am using debian (unstable) , with kernel 2.4.18 and wine-20031212.

What I was really trying to do is port winpp (a numerical software)
from http://www.math.pitt.edu/~bard/bardware/winppsrc.tgz. However I had
a frustrating weekend trying to do this with wine maker. This application has 4
parts 3 libraries (pure C code, compiles out of box on linux) and a gui (windows
based, winemaker fails to port this). I even tried to do this by editing the makefile
manually. Failing at this I tried compiling a winemine and then a "hello world". None
of which worked. I am perplexed.

Also the winelib manual says that a spec file can be as simple as "init WinMain
rcsc resource.res" . However winebuilder reports an error "expected ordinal" which
is supposed to be optional ??

I would also be greatfull if you could give me a pointer on how to compile a simple
"Hello World" message box application , say like  (preferable by using a manually
written makefile , without using winemaker)

#include <windows.h>
int WINAPI WinMain (HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
                    PSTR szCmdLine, int iCmdShow)
   {
     MessageBox (NULL, TEXT ("Hello, World"), TEXT ("Hello"), 0) ;

      return 0 ;
   }

 I tried to compile this with winemaker . The compilation reported no errors but
 the application does not run, and fails with exit status 1.

 Sincerely
 B Thomas