default config file creation

Chris Morgan cmorgan at alum.wpi.edu
Sun Dec 28 21:16:34 CST 2003

- Where should we be installing the base config files?  Can we put them in the
libs directory with the rest of the wine libs?  I was looking at modifying
documentation/Makefile.in to take care of this

- After seeing Marcus' email I realized that I completely forgot about the
issue of the user not having a fake windows directory.  I was thinking of
breaking the fake windows code out of wineinstall and into another script.
We could install this script along with the config files.

Should we be performing the config file check inside wine at startup?  Ivan
didn't seem to be a fan of having a script wrapper around starting wine, any
other opinions?

For this config check should we do something like:
if no config -> copy over default config

if windows drive doesn't exist -> create fake windows drive and setup dll/
application symlinks?

Chris