default wine browser

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Dec 29 21:13:17 CST 2003

Rein Klazes wrote:
> Under KDE it should be enough to do:
>
> kfmclient exec "${file}"
>
> choosing in case of a html file the default browser configured for KDE.
> It works also for eg .mp3 files, but then the file spec must have been
> converted from WINE to Unix paths, for instance with "winepath".

Makes me nervous... the ability to cause code to execute
is one of the most frequently abused powers of IE.

Besides, wine isn't kde specific; we can't rely on
kfmclient to exist.
It would be better to make use of
http://freedesktop.org/Standards/shared-mime-info-spec
That way it would work with not just KDE, but also Gnome
and any other freedesktop.org-compliant environment.
- Dan