Simple arguments check

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Wed Dec 31 11:36:38 CST 2003

On December 31, 2003 12:14 pm, Mike Hearn wrote:
> I guess the reason we need to crash when windows does is for apps that
> trap the fault and rely on it? Or is it just about being as correct as
> possible?

Maybe because crashing is the right thing to do in many cases, but it
looks like MS really likes defensive programming and does all sort of
checks it shouldn't do (and catching all sort of exceptions it shouldn't
catch). However, this is no reason to the wrong thing and go down the
path of defensive programming where even MS didn't go.

In other words, many of these checks should be done only where MS does
them (since obviously apps will depend on them).

--
Dimi.