Simple arguments check

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Wed Dec 31 14:44:29 CST 2003

On December 31, 2003 03:29 pm, Mike Hearn wrote:
> > Maybe because crashing is the right thing to do in many cases,
>
> Why? I'd have thought failing the API call would be more sensible, or

Because it's bad policy: it's better to fail early and as close as
possible to the error point, rather then let the program limp along.

In general, MS made a bad policy call by trying to help badly written
apps to crawl along. This results in the long term in a lot of hard
to track bugs, slower/bloated code, etc. Remember that the road to
hell is paved with good intentions...

--
Dimi.