seti@home success story

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Feb 2 03:02:38 CST 2003

I gave a Wine demo at last Sunday's LULA installfest,
and one of the attendees reports
"Well, I was wanting to run seti at home, but they only have a command line
version available for linux, so I used some of Dan's tricks from the Wine
talk, and now I have the cool windows gui running under redhat 8, thanks
Dan for the helpful info on wine."

So while it may sound from my posts that Wine does nothing
but crash in 16 bit code or forget to draw stuff,
that's just 'cause I'm playing QA monkey.  Wine really
is coming along tremendously, and people are getting real use
out of it!
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel