32-->16 Calls: loader/ne/resource.c: krnl386.exe & kernel32: NE_DefResourceHandler: illegal call to AllocResource16

Andrew Hughes hughes2002 at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 2 19:06:19 CST 2003

Looking at the remaining 32-->16 call:

HGLOBAL16 WINAPI NE_DefResourceHandler( HGLOBAL16 hMemObj, HMODULE16 hModule,
                                        HRSRC16 hRsrc )

Given the above signature for this function,  its abundant use of 16-bit calls
(AllocResource16, GlobalLock16, GlobalRealloc16 - twice for the last two), and the fact
that the NE stuff deals with Win16 executables, is this really a 32-bit function?
Does it need conversion?

--
Andrew :-)

"Windows is the one true OS. MS invented the GUI. MS invented
   the 32 bit OS. MS is open and standard. MS loves you. We have
   always been at war with Oceania."