CVS Update: reactos

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 2 21:03:57 CST 2003

> Congratulations! Any ETA on when you'll be able to run Word? :)
hehe, depends want to help adapt more of the user32 code =P

> If they don't build & run as is, there is a problem somewhere. Either with
> our code, or with yours. comctl32 should compile on Windows and ReactOS as
> is, not a single change required. If it doesn't, please report it as a bug
> (or even better, submit a patch <g>).

ATM I think wines comctl32 and shlwapi work under WindowsNT so once ReactOS gets a little more
fine tuned we should have no problems using them. There are still some issues with the commdlg32
and shell32 + everything else but we are working on it. Right now the bug thing it to compleate
our user32/Win32K and then we can make better use of the WINE code. I am trying to get the rest of
the ReactOS people to also use the WINE regression test framework for our test suite so we can
share that also. Rest assured any fixes or new features will find thier way back in to the main
wine tree.

Thanks
Steven