RPC marshalling patch -- Future wine conference fund

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Feb 3 07:12:47 CST 2003

On February 3, 2003 03:56 am, Tom Wickline wrote:
> So I would like to propose a vote to change the "party fund"  to
> "conference fund".

It's an interesting suggestion, but I'd vote for taking any name
out of the fund. We need to be able to collect funds, and have some
discretion on how to use them. Maybe just a Wine support fund?
This brings the question on who decides how to use the money, but
we can find a way.

As for rasing money for a conference, this is a worthy goal, but I'm
afraid we don't have enough people to raise significant cash. I do
appreciate you're suggesting that I be a possible beneficiary, but I'd
like to say I can support myself, others may be in greater need.

Just a fund will do (what about "The Wine Fund"?), the problem is not
the name, it's the cash! :)

--
Dimi.