start_process

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 3 14:05:28 CST 2003

> I need to know why “ExitThread” is called inside the "start_process"
> function i.e. which thread we are exiting in this case?
the first thread of the process
the call is ExitThread(entry(NULL)) which means:
1/ call entry with NULL as parameter => entry is the entry point of the
process just loaded
2/ then pass the output of entry (when the call has terminated) to
ExitThread so we can terminate a) the thread, b) if this was the last
running thread of the process, it'll also terminate the process

> Another thing? Which function is responsible for stat executing the
> binary file?
everything is in scheduler/process.c and server/process.c

why are you looking at this ?

A+
--
Eric Pouech