GDI question

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at witch.dyndns.org
Mon Feb 3 15:32:25 CST 2003

Hi,

I'm testing some apps installation with either the free WineHQ, WineX,
Crossover Office, and many times I see buttons and other GUI related stuff in
the wrong size or place, and I understand it's a GDI related issue, so here's
3 questions..

1. Is the GDI implementation is so bad that it needs hacking per app to make
it look ok?

2. Is there a way to take GDI parts from native WIndows and use it in Wine?

3. Funding - can any company (transgaming, CodeWeavers, others) can estimate
the cost of rewriting a better (and faster - the speed of Wine graphics today
is something in magnitude of 486 PC!) GDI?

Thanks,
Hetz