How to remount CDROM during program execution

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Mon Feb 3 21:55:24 CST 2003

 --- r.young at irl.cri.nz a écrit : > Thanks for your three (very
different) replies.

> From Scott's comments I take it that the mount/unmount
> of file systems is such a basic part of *nix that it
> might take some lateral thinking to circumvent it.
>
> As for Sylvain's suggestion, I set up automounting this evening,
> but unfortunately this did not solve my problem:
> the same processes attached to /dev/cdrom were still open
> (5 belonging to wine and 1 to wineserver),
> and <eject> gave a "device busy" response.
you dont have to use "eject" if you have set the automount correctly.
make sure you have edited your /etc/fstab to mount yhour cdrom drive
with the automounter.
then you can eject the cd without "eject"' and "umount". simply press
the eject button of your drive.

=====
Sylvain Petreolle
spetreolle at users.sourceforge.net
Fight against Spam ! http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
ICQ #170597259

"Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus, in "Matrix".