GDI question

Hetz Ben-Hamo hetz at witch.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 4 05:03:52 CST 2003

> A bit offtopic, but I find it fascinating that one guy commented
> earlier on how an MS sales rep claimed the "linux emulations" didn't
> always run Windows apps. Presumably this guy was just a normal sales
> team member, so it makes me wonder how well briefed MS employees are
> about Wine. It'd be fun to go through the mailing list system and
> extract hits from *.microsoft.com addresses, they probably mirror it
> internally if they monitor it at all. I know when I met a veep from
> the Passport department he was all too aware of Wine, which
> surprised me because he wasn't directly connected with the OS
> division, which makes me wonder how up to date their knowledge is.
> In fact, he was almost scared of it. Left an impression on me for sure.

You'll be surprised, but I think that there are at least 10+ people from MS
here in this list, and they watch this list as well others (like WineX and
ReWind) very carefully, and of-course, they inform people about Wine
progress. (hi guys ;)

BTW - most of those people don't use their .microsoft.com email address..

Thanks,
Hetz