Packagers Guide Update #5

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Tue Feb 4 11:56:47 CST 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Tom Wickline wrote:
> > My vote (for what its worth ) if <wineconf> is not needed lets just get
> > rid of it.
> Would  # [wineconf] work ?
> If not I guess I would vote to remove it as well..... if it serves no
> purpose.

I believe it is used by the Wine configuration tool, winesetuptk, to
delimit the area it is modifying.

However this would have to be checked in winesetuptk's code as I am not
sure it really needs it (i.e. I believe it should be able to edit the
file without messing up the layout and comments and without the
<wineconf> tags).

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
The nice thing about meditation is that it makes doing nothing quite respectable
                                  -- Paul Dean