Started playing with Wineserver on mingw/cygwin again

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.de
Wed Feb 5 13:14:19 CST 2003

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 01:47:54PM -0500, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Geoff Thorpe wrote:
>
> > [1] For that matter, has anyone attempted to pull this person into the
> > wine discussion to help flesh this out and find the optimal way forward?
> > Surely any self-respecting (L)GPLer would hate to see a major tool for
> > open source advancement getting hurt over this without so much as some
> > constructive help?
>
> This is an interesting question. I know Ingo Molnar has been (one of) the
As far as I know he probably reads wine-devel too.

> main developer working on the glibc threading stuff, and I also know he
He did the kernel stuff, the glibc part was done by Ulrich Drepper.

> used to follow the Wine project. I am sure he's not indifferent to our
He even follows rewind .

> fate, and being so deeply involved with the glibc changes, he's probably
> an invaluable resource. Unfortunately, I'm not sure he's even aware of
> the problem -- has anyone contacted him? Anyone want to do so? (Dan? :))
I'll write him an email.

bye
	michael
System Administration           Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.com
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart