Winspool errors with notepad

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Wed Feb 5 13:18:14 CST 2003

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> trace:winspool:AddPrinterA ((null),2,0x407c2c1c): stub
> trace:winspool:DEVMODEdupAtoW
> trace:winspool:AddPrinterW (L"",2,0x4026ac58)
>
> Following these debug messages, we see that the name of the server on
> which the server is installed changes fromNULL to "".

In an attempt to revive this thread (since it broke printing for me
too), it appears that if a NULL pointer is passed to:

RtlCreateUnicodeStringFromAsciiz(&pNameW,pName);

then it returns an empty string in pNameW.buffer, rather than NULL.

Since these conversion functions are apparently APIs in Win2000 and
later, which I don't have, hopefully someone could add test cases to
dlls/ntdll/test/rtlstr.c to test what that function should return when
passed a null pointer?