remote app problem: menus go away at wrong time

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Feb 6 00:36:17 CST 2003

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Dan Kegel wrote:
[...]
> OK.  FWIW, the window manager in use was TWM, the one that
> comes standard with X.  Seems like we ought to support that one.
> It's the fallback window manager when nothing else is installed,
> and it's the only window manager available in Cygwin (unless I
> missed the other ones :-)

The focus behavior of most window managers can be configured to be
either 'focus follow mous' or 'click to focus' (I believe these are how
the options are called). Probably twm can be configured too.

So I believe this problem only happens in relative corner cases: some
window managers and only when they are configured for focus follows
mouse. And I would not worry much about TWM as nobody in their right
mind would you it. People use modern window managers nowadays... like
fvwm95 ;-)

        War doesn't determine who's right.  War determines who's left.