WineConf 2003

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Feb 6 03:47:16 CST 2003

Keith Matthews wrote:
>>    Dan> How about we hold it as a satellite conference to LinuxTag,
>>    Dan> Karlsruhe, Germany, 10-13 July 2003?  LinuxTag is a very big,
>>    very Dan> cool event.  See
>>    Dan> http://www.linuxtag.org/2003/en/conferences/cfp.html - Dan
>>
>>Another event is Linux Kongress. In the last years, some funding by
>>the german government was available for special interest groups. We
>>already had a get together with that money 1999 in Erlangen.

Looks like they're not too far along in planning yet:
http://www.linux-kongress.org/2003/

> There is also the Linux Developers Conference (run by UK Unix Users
> Group) in Edinburgh at the beginning of August. Might be an opportunity
> for someone to get to see the festival cheap.
>
> I'm on the organising committee and could get intros easy.

They look a bit further along in planning than Linux Kongress:
http://www.ukuug.org/events/linux2003/
and they evidently have at least one guy on the organising committe
who's on the ball :-)

LinuxTag is my favorite so far, fwiw, as
1) it looks fairly well organized and interesting in its own right
2) it's not freezing cold like Espoo in February would be
3) it's in a German-speaking country (I didn't learn my Grandma's
Finnish too well, but I did learn my Grandpa's German!)
4) it's the least likely of the bunch to conflict with the
arrival of my first kid on 31 July, the first day of the Edinburgh event :-)

- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com