RtlUpperChar (was: some ntdll functions) [Virus checked]

thomas.mertes at t-mobile.at thomas.mertes at t-mobile.at
Thu Feb 6 03:23:34 CST 2003

Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> That looks like a horrible kludge.  Before we settle on
> something like this, we should probably consult the
> people on the unicode mailing list to see what they
> suggest.

This is not what I suggest. Please read my complete mail. I wrote:

I did a test on w2k trying to convert all chars between 0 and 255.
The result was:

Just 'a' .. 'z' are converted to 'A' .. 'Z', all other characters remain
unchanged.

I switched the machine between 'EN' (English) and 'DE' (German) and no
difference.

My test Function is:

static void test_RtlUpperChar(void)
{
  int i;
  CHAR ch;
  CHAR upper_ch;
  CHAR expected_upper_ch;

  for (i = 0; i <= 255; i++) {
    ch = (CHAR) i;
    upper_ch = pRtlUpperChar(ch);
    if (ch >= 'a' && ch <= 'z') {
      expected_upper_ch = ch - 'a' + 'A';
    } else {
      expected_upper_ch = ch;
    ok(upper_ch == expected_upper_ch,
       "RtlUpperChar('%c') has result '%c', expected '%c'",
       ch, upper_ch, expected_upper_ch);
  } /* for */
}

... and this test passed really under native w2k.

Greetings
Thomas