RtlUpperChar (was: some ntdll functions) [Virus checked]

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Feb 6 13:28:20 CST 2003

thomas.mertes at t-mobile.at wrote:
>>>RtlUpperChar does not take the locale into account. It always convertes
>>>just 'a' .. 'z' and nothing else.
>>>
>>>Is this the right direction or did I miss something?
>>
>>No, that's not right. We really need to convert to unicode first, then
>>upper case unicode character and convert the result back to ansi. See
>>the ReactOS source for reference (at the first glance it closely enough
>>matches NTDLL asm code).

BTW the msdn page on this is
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/kmarch/hh/kmarch/k109_9x6a.asp

> I have not seen the asm code. I just do tests on w2k (see my other mail).

Maybe someday we'll run into a situation (Devangari? :-) where we need
to do the right Unicode thing.  Until then,
it seems reasonable to do the simplest possible code for the moment,
with no calls to external toupper macros.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com