Started playing with Wineserver on mingw/cygwin again

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Feb 6 16:13:34 CST 2003

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Eric Pouech wrote:
[...]
> - in the same type of issues, getpid() now returns the same pid for all
> threads in a same process. Most of Wine code relies on having a
> different pid for each thread (this fix is needed, IIRC, for some
> Solaris port)

Yes it's needed for Solaris (x86&sparc). I started a patch a long time
ago but never finished it. It can probably be found somewhere in the
wine-devel archives together with interesting descriptions and
discussions of the issue. If necessary I could try to dig out the patch
but it's quite likely to be pretty out of date.

                            $live{free} || die "";