cvs wine + win2k ole + installshield = unhappy

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Fri Feb 7 12:52:34 CST 2003

Dan Kegel a écrit:
> Roderick Colenbrander wrote:
>
>> Installing IS6 installers is not very hard on Wine. You don't need any
>> windows dlls. You need to have the winedefault.reg file installed and
>> after that you need stdole32.tlb from windows. For the rest no native
>> files are needed.
>

> Does
>   ./tools/wineinstall
> properly install winedefault.reg?

It does install it (or did last time I used it, and those lines are
still in it).

> If so, then it looks like you might be mistaken.  Shall I file a bug
> report?

What probably happened is that the one you used needed more functions
from various OLE DLLs than "plain" Installshield 6 installers. A
stdole32.tlb from Windows (and the proper registry keys) work for some
(can't name any app, sorry) Installshield 6.

I know Ove worked on compatibility with it for Transgaming, maybe he can
shed some more light on the issue.

Vincent