cvs wine + win2k ole + installshield = unhappy

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Fri Feb 7 18:27:43 CST 2003

fre, 2003-02-07 kl. 18:09 skrev Gregory M. Turner:
> On Thursday 06 February 2003 03:08 am, Mike Hearn wrote:
> > > fixme:win:GetProcessWindowStation (void): stub
> >
> > You can ignore lines that refer to window stations I think, it's a part
> > of the NT window security system.
> > > fixme:ole:RPCRT4_NdrClientCall2 (pStubDec == ^0x77a7abc8,pFormat =
> > > ^0x77a7ac1a,...): semi-stub
>
> hmm.... that should be changed, it's a 100% stub now.
>

> > I'd guess this is the more crucial one.
> >
> > So, try finding out what gets passed into StringFromCLSID(), i expect
> > there is a debug channel for it.
>
> all the rpc stuff is still +ole, so that's your channel.
>
> Implementing NdrClientCall2 is going to be pretty difficult I think.  Getting
> it to work for installshield seems like a good pet project for Ove & me...

That should be next on my list of things to do... I also have to work on
reducing resource consumption in rpcrt4 and my dcom stuff (since with my
current code, installshield starts getting ERROR_TOO_MANY_OPEN_FILES
errors at some point), but I'll probably have to implement
NdrClientCall2 too once I get some bugs cleared out. I already have a
bunch of unsubmitted bugfixes for rpcrt4 in my tree which I'll probably
have to submit soon anyway...