Windows API (What I have so far)

David Miller compsol at ptd.net
Sat Feb 8 03:14:28 CST 2003

I thought a few of you might be interested in the current status of this
script, so here is an update.  I will attach a copy in case anyone wants to
test it, or add functionality or fixes.  I'd be interested in the results of
any tests, especially if you discover any parsing errors.

It is far from complete, but at this stage does the following:

- Scan a given path, locating all dll files
- Generate an HTML map of dll imports only (sorted, lowercase, stripped of
paths)
- dumpbin /import and dumpbin /export on all dll files and save the results
in imports.txt and exports.txt respectively
- parse imports.txt as follows, and save the results in imported_api.txt:

    DLL name    imported DLL    imported API

- parse exports.txt as follows, and save the results in exported_api.txt:

    DLL name    exported API

Future plans:

- Create a matrix of data currently in HTML map
- Generate HTML cross reference of all imported/exported API
- Implement dumping of data into a database (Something queryable, but what?)
- Detect and report unimplemented APIs in wine