Good source of test case source?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Feb 8 23:42:58 CST 2003

Source code downloaded from any *.microsoft.com server is
copyright Microsoft, and they would not take kindly to
us using it in our regression test suite, I'm sure.
I hope I speak for everyone here when I say it seems important
to carefully obey the letter of the law when it comes
to avoiding copyright issues that might taint our efforts.

So where should a developer go to find good code snippets
when writing Wine regression or compliance tests, without
running afoul of copyright laws?

One possibility is http://www.codeproject.com.  Their submission
page, http://www.codeproject.com/info/submit.asp, quite clearly states:

"If you post to CodeProject then you retain copyright of your article and code.
You also give CodeProject permission to use it in a fair manner and also permit
all developers to freely use the code in their own applications.  ...
You are more than welcome to submit code that is already published at
another site, provided you own the copyright on that article, and provided
you have not given the other site exclusive rights to your article."

That sounds like code at CodeProject is fair game.
Do other (smarter) people agree?  I ask, of course, because I'd
like to make sure it'll be ok to submit a testcase based
partly on CodeProject code.

Thanks,
Dan

--