Windows API (What I have so far)

Shachar Shemesh go-linux at sun.consumer.org.il
Sun Feb 9 01:39:45 CST 2003

Dave wrote:

> Thanks, I will look into merging the two together sometime soon, if no
> one beats me to it.  First I want to make the existing program a
> little more readable before it becomes unmanageable and even I don't
> know what it does.  :)
>
> The sample HTML I created was done from my laptop, which has all sorts
> of applications installed.  There might be a lot of irrelevant
> information.  It may become a much smaller table once it's run on a
> clean system.

Please keep the foreend/backend approach, as I have neither tools nor
environment to run your original perl prog, and I would still like to
get the HTML rendering. I think the best approach is for a backend to
dump the raw data into a easy to parse format (and your original format
was, as you can see, not too difficult once you add the newlines), and a
frontend that formats these into HTML.

As for the unnecessaries - 238 columns is much better than I feered.
More worriying than the sheer number is the warning my prog issues when
run on your original input (like I said - I don't have any other):
DLL fsusd depends on DLL gdiplus, which does not exist
DLL photowiz depends on DLL gdiplus, which does not exist
DLL shmedia depends on DLL gdiplus, which does not exist
DLL webvw depends on DLL gdiplus, which does not exist
DLL wiadefui depends on DLL gdiplus, which does not exist
DLL wiavideo depends on DLL gdiplus, which does not exist
DLL wiavideo depends on DLL gdiplus, which does not exist
DLL wiavusd depends on DLL gdiplus, which does not exist

Manually checking that with your output reveals that to be a correct
assesment (i.e. - not a bug). there are references to a DLL called
"gdiplus", which does not itself show in the output. Care to check your
system and find out how that came about?

            Shachar