visual studio 6 not happy?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Feb 10 00:53:35 CST 2003

wine cvs doesn't run visual studio 6 especially happily.
Building a simple app fails with "Error executing rc.exe".

I wonder if this is another example of that named pipe failure...
it certainly is calling PeekNamedPipe to beat the band, and
http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0698/win320698.htm
says that vcspawn.exe (used to run external processes)
probably uses named pipes to communicate with msdev.

Guess it's back to the commandline for me.  Yep, exporting
a makefile and building with nmake works better.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com