IPCWorkshop

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Feb 10 01:09:00 CST 2003

There's a fun little test app (with source) called IPCWorkshop at
http://www.codeproject.com/threads/ipcworkshop.asp

I noticed it probably needs a Sleep(500) in its Mailslot
receive loop, and a lot of its stuff doesn't seem to work
on my Windows Me system, but its "filemapping" and "mailslots"
modes do seem to work on Windows Me.  (Oddly, "Clipboard"
doesn't work for me on Windows Me.  This app is fairly new,
maybe it's still a bit buggy.)

None of its modes seem to work on Wine.  Not sure why.
In server mode, it never redraws, so the GUI is messed
up somehow.  I'm sure this app triggers several Wine bugs.

Anyway, if anyone's looking for simple test apps that
exercise various IPC methods, this one might be worth checking out.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com