NamedPipe conformance tests

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Tue Feb 11 06:54:45 CST 2003

>>2. Since CreateNamedPipe is only available on Server
>>versions of Windows, we need a way to avoid running the
>>test on non-server versions.   Er, I suppose checking for
>>the presence of CreateNamedPipe would be the way to go :-)
>>I at first tried detecting the Windows version, but that's far too hairy.
>Are you sure CreateNamedPipe is only available on Server versions of Windows?
>Seems to be there in Windows 2000 Professional...

I'm quite sure it's on a lot of Windows as we use this for our communication.
At least since NT4.

<MSDN>
  Windows NT: Requires version 3.1 or later.
  Windows: Unsupported.
  Windows CE: Unsupported.
  Header: Declared in winbase.h.
  Import Library: Use kernel32.lib.
  Unicode: Implemented as Unicode and ANSI versions on Windows NT.
</MSDN>

bye  Fabi