X11 Clipboard implementation

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Wed Feb 12 10:01:58 CST 2003

> I though you wouldn't ;) As you pointed out, if we can't use text
> selection to pass data via PRIMARY (because Windows apps don't allow
> this) then it follows that we should only use CLIPBOARD. But when I
> select and copy text from Word, I want be able to paste it into my
> xterm! I find this to be a common complaint.

If xterm can't use the CLIPBOARD selection then it's broken I'm afraid.
gnome-terminal for instance can use both (shift-ctrl-v pastes
clipboard). I guess Konsole is similar. The solution isn't to break
wine, really it's to unbreak xterm (or for you to use a different
terminal emulator).

thanks -mike