CreateNamedPipe questions

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Feb 13 02:13:42 CST 2003

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Dan Kegel wrote:
[...]
> The patch also adds a quickie regression test,
> but I still have to use late binding for CreateNamedPipe
> (or is it ok for the test to fail on win9x?).

Nope. Tests should succeed on all Windows platforms. For platforms where
the API is not supported, the individual checks should be skipped.
Typically this involves either:
 1. either using GetProcAddress if the API is missing altogether on some
platforms
 2. of calling the API and testing for the error code, usually
ERROR_CALL_NOT_IMPLEMENTED

CreateNamedPipe{A,W} exists on Win95 so at most you will need something
along the lines of 2.

     Linux, WinNT, MS-DOS - also known as the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.