CreateNamedPipe questions

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Feb 13 10:34:04 CST 2003

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> Under Win2k CreateNamedPipe(NULL) in your test returns INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE
> but sets last error to ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND, not ERROR_INVALID_NAME as your
> test expects.

Thanks!  For some reason, when I ran it on Win2K Professional, it seemed
to succeed.  I'll have to try it again. Also, dlls/kernel/sync.c seems to
allow for NULL filenames for some reason.

> It worth to verify last error at least under NT 4.0 since it's
^^^^^^^ "it's worthless"?
> known that NT 4 either doesn't set last error at all, or often sets it
> differently than win2k/XP.

What about NT 3.51?  Same as NT 4?

IMHO it's worth checking error codes anyway... maybe we could make that optional.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com