Error in the server thread id fix

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Thu Feb 13 14:17:13 CST 2003

On February 13, 2003 11:42 am, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

>     Bill> Is anyone else looking into a problem that appears to have been
>     Bill> introduced by the server change on Feb 1st changing thread and
>     Bill> process ids to small integers?
>
>     Bill> As a result ACCPAC for Windows' main desktop process shuts down
>     Bill> after about a minute, but leaves various other processes running.
>
>     Bill> I'll have a look at it but I don't know how successful I'll be.
>
> Webpack doesn't work as before since the last CVS update. It uses a lot of
> processes and perhaps threads. Maybe this problem is correlated.
>
> Bye

Could be.

Since the last CVS update?  Do you mean the last snapshot on 20030115?  If not
then it probably isn't; this problem was introduced two weeks ago.  (Shows
how much attention I am paying)

It looks like something goes wrong in the next_process handler.  I'll let you
know.

--
Bill Medland
ACCPAC International, Inc.