wcmd autoexec.bat?

J. Grant jg-lists at jguk.org
Thu Feb 13 20:01:00 CST 2003

Hi,

Sylvain Petreolle: davep email arrived here after, not sure why.

> There is code in wcmdmain.c (line 113) to execute a batch file c:\autoexec.bat
> but it is commented out - it could be dangerous in a dual-boot machine to
> execute such a batch file by default.

OK, this sounds like a good position to take, regarding c:\autoexec.bat.

What I require is environment variables, could be defined in a batch
file, or in some config similar to "System Properties -> Advanced ->
Environment Variables.." in NT5.

This could be implemented in several ways:

  1. A "config" flag default false when installed to call c:\autoexec.bat.

  2. A "config" block defining each variable

  3. A c:\autoexec.wine file that was called when wine is run.

  4. A ~/.wine/autoexec.bat file that would be empty by default and used
    by the user if they desired.  With a "config" true/false flag if
necessary.

I believe suggestion four is most suitable.  I is safe from the chance
of being executed by accident and could be used to setup essential
environment variables.  Also sugestion one would mean we could enable
the option to run this file in "config".  Would be simpler to implement,
and would not possibly run a batch file from off the configured wine drives.

Cheers

JG