Wine default install queries - Wine 20030115

J. Grant jg-lists at jguk.org
Thu Feb 13 23:15:43 CST 2003

Hi,

> WTH..  how is it getting this? something is wrong before this.
>
> Get rid of you old config file (rename it junk or something) and rerun
> ./tools/wineinstall.   I would like to see the  full log of this.

OK:

Created /home/now3d/.wine/config using default Wine configuration.
You probably want to review the file, though.

Compiling regedit...
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

Preparing to install default Wine registry entries...
Installing default Wine registry entries...

Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
Could not stat /cdrom (No such file or directory), ignoring drive D:

 From "config"

[Drive A]
"Path" = "/mnt/fd0"
"Type" = "floppy"
"Label" = "Floppy"
"Filesystem" = "win95"
"Serial" = "87654321"
"Device" = "/dev/fd0"

[Drive D]
"Path" = "/cdrom"
"Type" = "cdrom"
"Label" = "CD-Rom"
"Filesystem" = "win95"
; make sure that device is correct and has proper permissions !
"Device" = "/dev/cdrom"

Seems strange that although it said it was ignoring A: and D: it added
them anyway.

>> ignoring drive C:
>> Could not stat /cdrom (No such file or directory), ignoring drive D:
>> Invalid path L"c:\\windows" for L"windows" directory: does not exist
>> Perhaps you have not properly edited or created your Wine configuration
>> file.
>> This is (supposed to be) '/home/now3d/.wine/config'
>> Registry install failed.
>> ###

do you know what the "L" is in that text? I have seen it in other error
messages but it seems strange... any ideas?

Regards

JG

ps no need to cc me as I am on the wine-devel list now.