For your consideration, here's a preview of some new seh_try_macros-type

Rolf Kalbermatter rolf.kalbermatter at citeng.com
Fri Feb 14 06:42:58 CST 2003

Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
>Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>> There are people building Wine with the Sun compiler. Also it makes
>> sense for at least some dlls to allow building them with MSVC to test
>> them under Windows. And in general using different compilers is a good
>> way to shake out bugs from the code.
>
>I always build my conformance tests both in the normal way
>and standalone with msvc.
>IMHO every executable and DLL we do should run on Windows, too,
>if it doesn't absolutely have to make Unix system calls.

I regularly compile some of the DLLs under MSVC. The current state
of DLLs is so that the non core DLLs compile usually almost fine but
linking is a quite big issue I haven't fully tackled. If I link with
the MSCV libs I get often undefined imports and linking with MSVC generated import libs from Wine source requires some hand work, as
the MSVC IDE only generates the import lib AFTER the entire DLL has
been successfully created, so you get sort of a catch 22 situation.

Another issue is that most of the DLLs are not yet in a state where
they can possibly be put into a current Windows installation, without
causing all sorts of crashes and weird problems. The interdependencies
between DLLs in a W2K installation is really enormous and a lot of functions in the Wine DLLs are not yet implemented or not fully
complient.

Rolf Kalbermatter