Looking for information on implemented API's in wine

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Feb 14 14:59:50 CST 2003

Gerhard W. Gruber wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:20:06 -0500, "Dave Miller" <compsol at ptd.net> wrote:
>
>>Hmm.  I did intend to use a database, specifically MySQL was my thinking.
>>What I hoped was there would be a web interface to query the database and so
>>everyone would not have to have MySQL to use it.  Of course it needs to be
>
> Personally I don't have any objections to use a real database. You could
> provide a small script that unloads the data to a flat ASCII file anyway, so
> this wouldn't be a problem for anybody not using MySQL. I have it installed
> for other things, so it wouldn't matter to me and if you intend to use a
> webinterface you can easily download it.

I can't but think that MySQL is way overkill.
Let's define the queries we want to do, and see if awk isn't
up to them :-)  It probably is, and it's far easier to
set up than MySQL.  Those who can't think in anything but SQL
really should try learning the traditional unix programmer's
workbench tools for relational database processing.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com